nanog mailing list archives

Re: Chinese bgp metering story

From: Steven Bellovin <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:32:02 -0500

On Dec 18, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

     On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Joly MacFie wrote:
I have posted sa comment on this from ISOC England on
http://www.isoc-ny.org/p2/?p=134
Please feel free to add comments there.

If anyone has questions about this, the "invited experts" who managed to
wedge their feet in the door at the Kampala meeting were myself, Nishal
Goburdhan (AfriNIC), and Michuki Mwangi (ISOC).  Any of us would be happy
to discuss it.  We were there by the grace of the U.S. delegation, which
fights the good fight on the Internet's behalf in intergovernmental
negotiations like this.

Could you post a summary, in appropriate technical terms, of precisely what is being requested, and what changes to BGP
they want?