nanog mailing list archives

Re: Another fiber cut near Taiwan ? due to Typhoon Morakot ?

From: "Ethern M., Lin" <ethern () ascc net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:44:41 +0800

Actually I can't tell you more about this. I am just have this info
from my IPLC provider, and its just a gossip, not formal one as I
mention.<grin>

Its just happened that one cable system down on 8/9, the exact day of
typhoon attacked Taiwan quite badly.

Maybe someone can share more detailed info and we can wait for more info later.

cheers,
Ethern

Do typhoons/hurricanes tend to damage cables in shallow water near the
landing sites, tear up the landing sites themselves, or do damage in deeper
water somehow?