nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nipper and Cisco configuration results

From: Lee <ler762 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 10:20:22 -0400

On 4/4/09, Subba Rao <castellan2004-nsm () yahoo com> wrote:
I looked at the configurations yesterday on the routers.  The vty line does
not have any "transport" line below it.  All the routers showing "Rlogin
enabled" have similar configuration.

What are the default services that are enabled for vty on IOS 12.4?  I know
there are only telnet, SSH and Rlogin.  Is there any particular sequence
that IOS processes the vty access?

I think a better question would be "What services do I need on the
vtys and how do I assure that only those services are enabled?"  but
see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/termserv/command/reference/tsv_s1.html#transport_input

Regards,
Lee