nanog mailing list archives

Re: the Intercage mess

From: William Pitcock <nenolod () systeminplace net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:10:42 -0500

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:58 -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM, William Pitcock
<nenolod () systeminplace net> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:28 -0700, Paul Ferguson wrote:

I think that _more_than_reasonable_ background research, historical
record, etc. have met the qualifications of "civilized vernier". The
outcry was, and is not, arbitrary.

No, but forcing them offline now that they are taking a new approach to
handling abuse is ridiculous.

No -- I think that after 5 years of malicious activity, it was overdue.

I said _new_ approach. I agree that it was overdue, but they are being
cooperative with the anti-abuse community, so I think it is appropriate
to give them an opportunity to deliver on their promise. If they fail,
then shut them off again.

I'm sorry, but your efforts to get the last word here are in vain.

Cheers,

- - ferg

p.s. And by the way, whether the badness has actually been purged from
Atrivo/Intercage's IP address space remains to be seen -- previous similar
claims have all been false. Time will tell -- may eyes are watching.

Esthost are nullrouted as of this morning. Even their administrative
network is nullrouted.

I think that is a good indication. As I said, if you have any still open
issues, please let me know. I am talking to these people and they are
listening.

William