nanog mailing list archives

Re: ingress SMTP

From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:36:16 +0530

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Justin Scott <jscott () gravityfree com> wrote:
Do you operate your mailserver on a residential cablemodem or adsl
rather than a business account?

No, we co-lo equipment at a professional facility that our customers on any
type of connection need to have access to send mail through, regardless of
whether their ISP blocks the standard ports or not.

That's why you set your outbound MTA to listen  - for auth'd outbound
connections only - on port 587

Endless loop of dead horse beating .. ouch

srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)