nanog mailing list archives

Re: Atrivo/Intercage: Now Only 1 Upstream

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:01:16 -0400

On Sep 16, 2008, at 1:55 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

By the way, a lot of folks are watching all domains registered
within Atrivo/Intercage IP address space every day. Here's a few
for you to decide -- and they have been registered only in the past
few days:

undaground.biz
pillshere.net
ukrnic.info (originally registered in Intercage IP space, now
in UkrTelecom)

This is only a fraction of a percentage of the activities.

We are watching.

Not closely enough.

It seems some people in San Francisco are selling Intercage outbound only capacity. (I.e. Letting them send packets and not announcing their ASN/prefixes to hide the fact Atrivo is a customer.)

If you find packets from Atrivo coming into your network from a network where you do not see a reverse path, please let the rest of us know so we can take appropriate action.

--
TTFN,
patrick