nanog mailing list archives

Re: L(3) / 4/8 / multihoming

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:24:50 -0400

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 04:50:15PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
I see in http://www.onesc.net/communities/as3356/ that L3 doesn't permit
customers to multihome the 4/8 space that they inherited from BBN, via
GTE, etc, ad nauseum...

and I'm curious whether anyone knows why?  It sounds like something there
might be an interesting story in...

Lots of other people are curious, but no one knows the answers.  One
correspondent noted that Cogent did this with 38/8 when they bought PSI,
but he didn't really know why...

Cheers,
- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      jra () baylink com

             Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
               -- (Josef Stalin)