nanog mailing list archives

Re: Teleglobe appears to be spam-source zombie network?

From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:23:27 -0400

On 9/10/08, Jo Rhett <jrhett () netconsonance com> wrote:
We started getting a flood of autobot spam to our listed abuse mailbox about
an hour ago out of Teleglobe.  Trying to find someone to shut this down has
found that

 1. Teleglobe has no listed abuse contacts for any of their netblocks
 2. The few of their records which have listed e-mail addresses all bounce
 3. All listed phone numbers on any netblocks we can find are invalid

 Any chance that RIPE is more strigent than ARIN and would pull their
netblocks until they fix this stuff?

It's possible that in the shuffle of company
renaming/rebranding/rejiggering-of-people they lost this bit in the
shuffle. There's at least one TATA eng person on-list though who may
be able to get you a status on the situation.

-Chris