nanog mailing list archives

Re: Peering - Benefits?

From: isabel dias <isabeldias1 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:42:19 -0700 (PDT)

"chance to pick up a redundant connection".

Well, traffic will have chances to pick up an alternative AS path - mesh peering (at the public IX). Also go via the
redundant physical link if you have one agreed w/ ure peering point, or just take the best egress path via the (or one
of the )transit connection(s).

Why don't you just go privatly?