nanog mailing list archives

Re: What's with all the long aspaths?

From: "Jason Iannone" <jason.iannone () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:44:13 -0600

Except when their primary path goes away and relatively few networks
install the prepended route.  It's all conjecture, but I like the 'in
effort to defeat local pref' option.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:
Not using that prepended route is exactly what the point of the prepend
is, so that's not "punishment".

It may, in fact, be exactly what they're trying to get you to do.