nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS Attack in Progress.

From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane () trelane net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:35:44 -0400

Steve Church wrote:
Beavis aka John Lopez:
I, for one, am glad you're interested in stopping the abuse at its source.
Thank you.

Steve Linford:

why not ACL the source at your router or at whatever device is being

(packeted).
Mr. Lopez is contributing to the welfare of the net as a whole by addressing
the cause, rather than applying a bandage locally to lessen the symptom.  I
sincerely hope your dismissive advice is not characteristic of Spamhaus
policy regarding abused hosts, considering the mission statement at the top
of your homepage.

Steve Church
Come on, even I think Steve Linford's bonafides are strong enough that
this was uncalled for.

Andrew