nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG Digest, Vol 9, Issue 18

From: "Shawn Somers" <shawn.somers () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:05:48 -0700

Here's your Skynet Reference... I WORK for Skynet. And Yes, the parent
company is Cyberdyne.

--
Shawn Somers
Systems Administrator

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:24:06 -0400
From: "Steve Church" <nanog () headcandy org>
Subject: Re: cnn.com - Homeland Security seeks cyber counterattack
       system  (Einstein 3.0)
To: nanog () nanog org

I'm surprised that no one has made a Skynet reference yet, perhaps because
such a reference would be trite and predictable.  I'm feeling trite and
predictable this morning, so allow me to be the first.  Homeland Security is
planning to launch Skynet.  I hope you guys have your nuclear bunkers
stocked with Ensure.  We on this list might be all that's left after
Judgement Day.

If it's going to "literally" shot down an attack like an AA weapon, are
they planning on physically launching projectiles at compromised machines
across the world and destroying them?

Bill, they're probably planning on physically launching explosive
projectiles at compromised users.

/me dons his tinfoil hat

Steve