nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blackhole route advertisements by AS14037 of our IP space - please filter them out at your end

From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:49:27 +0530

Hi

Yes we are on the phone with xo - but meanwhile several other
operators have been picking it up.

As for operational impact - we're Outblaze.com - thats mail.com,
register.com hosted domains etc, email for 40 million users or so.
That makes us, lemme see, quite a bit larger than people like Comcast,
in terms of userbase for email.

I hope that helps the community decide whether or not to accept these
bogus blackhole prefixes

thanks
srs