nanog mailing list archives

Origin ASN seen vs Origin ASN in Whois Records Report?

From: Heather Schiller <heather.schiller () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:16:43 -0500

I don't know if a report like this already exists, but I haven't been able to find one. Can someone (CIDR Report? BGPMon? PCH?) offer a report that shows the discrepencies in Origin ASN according to the whois records, and routes in the [global/public] routing table? Publishing it on some regular interval would be even better.

ARIN makes available a list of prefixes with OriginAS. I don't know if other RIR's do.

ftp://ftp.arin.net/pub/originAS/

To be clear. I want a list of the prefixes where the actual origin ASN seen does not match the one in the whois record. Inconsistent Origin is fair game here. As a transit provider I'm interested in seeing what prefixes I am transiting for my customers that have this discrepancy, so something that shows the full path as part of the results would be most helpful.

Thanks,
--Heather

--
 Heather Schiller       Verizon Business