nanog mailing list archives

Re: McColo: Major Source of Online Scams and Spams Knocked Offline

From: Fred Heutte <aoxomoxoa () sunlightdata com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:44:12 -0800

p.s. McColo's upstream providers are completely within their rights to
terminate connectivity if they feel that they have violated their
contractual terms of service.

Indeed.  I also want to nominate fergdawg for the NANOG Order of Merit
for getting the phrase "purge the badness" into the LA Times.

  "People thought the first community-source effort was a fluke,"
  Ferguson said. "Now they see with McColo, it's not a fluke. The
  community can police its own backyard and purge the badness."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-spam14-2008nov14,0,1012756.story

cheers

fh

PS  Spam counts on my own incoming mail are down about 70%
right now.  Enjoy the moment while we can ...

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
fergdawgster(at)gmail.com