nanog mailing list archives

Re: Router Choice

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:45:12 -0000 (GMT)

On Wed, November 12, 2008 12:40, Raymond Macharia wrote:
Hello  fellow nanogers,
I am a long time user of Cisco gear and currently evaluating an
alternative
for my network expansion. currently the one that looks like it will be
able
to do the job iare Alcatel-Lucent 7710/7750 service routers.
I am looking for real life experience of those who have used it and what I
may need to watch out for (if anything) I have seen in some of their
documentation features like Non-stop Services (NSS) and Non-stop Routing
(NSR). are these features real world deployable.
oh, just to add I want to use the routers as P routers in my IP/MPLS core

I've deployed hundreds of these boxes as PE devices and they work _very
well_ indeed. Not sure specifically about the non-stop part of it other
than we have some of this deployed and it seems to work but is an area I
think ALU could expand upon (and I believe they plan too). The
ALU-Trimetra chaps based in San Jose and in Belgium are superb to work
with also.

--
Neil J. McRae -- Alive and Kicking.
neil () DOMINO ORG