nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet partitioning event regulations (was: RE: Sendingvs requesting. Was: Re: Sprint / Cogent)

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:18:10 -0800

Scott Weeks wrote:

Ok, I hadn't thought of that.  I was thinking of one company in a
non-US country with some assets in the US (but most not) and being
held to US regulations network-wide.  How would you stop the traffic
that was not following US regulations from hitting the US?

Ask ISPs with networks on both side of the US Canada border who have the
candian government for a customer, they do it today.

A:HNLL7710# configure router 1500 bgp as-path-ignore
us-based-as-paths ?

Not there...  ;-)