nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hurricane season starts June 1: Carriers harden networks

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:15:01 -0400

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 06:58:47PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
      I think there's something else to make note of.

      NCS wants to make sure that a number of the ISPs and critical
infrastructure operators have WPS/GETS available to the people who
rightly need them.  If you're not sure, give them a ring and chat with
them about what resources you should have at your disposal.  If there
is a major communication disruption, this may help your operations
team communicate.

      You can fill out the forms online at gets.ncs.gov

It might be useful, too, to talk to the people who did this in NOLA
during and after Katrina; if they didn't know what to do before, they
probably do now...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
Designer                +-Internetworking------+---------+            RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me