nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Did Youtube not pay their domain bill?

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () multicasttech com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 11:03:00 -0400

I received a report from a user at 9:46 EDT that they couldn't access
youtube, so at least some users
were affected.

Regards
Marshall

On May 3, 2008, at 10:25 AM, David Coulson wrote:

Depends - It doesn't help if the DNS server is dead, but the front-end
is still advertising the routes.

It came back to life for me a few moments ago (via Cogent) and it
looks
like the routing did not change (there is a bunch of 10/8 stuff in the
traceroute).

Eric Spaeth wrote:
If they were anycasted, shouldn't they be reachable from _somewhere_
?     Those servers are dead from the 4 corners of the US that I have
resources to use for testing.