nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Introducing latency for testing?

From: "C. Tate Baumrucker" <tate () baumrucker org>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 16:17:59 -0400

setup a linux box between the systems with netem (included in most
distros).
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Net:Netem
with it, you can introduce latency, loss, jitter, etc.
tate

Mike Lyon wrote:
So I want to mimic some latency in a test network for DB replication.
I am wondering what other's have used for this? Obviously, the best
way to would be to actually have one box across the US or across the
globe to actually test against but what if you don't have that? Are
there any GPL software router solutions that would allow you to tweak
the latency in between the two test boxes?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike