nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 on SOHO routers?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:00:38 -0400

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:06:24 CDT, Frank Bulk - iNAME said:
Slightly off-topic, but tangentially related that I'll dare to ask.

I'm attending an "Emerging Communications" course where the instructor
stated that there are SOHO routers that natively support IPv6, pointing to
Asia specifically.

Well, of *course* you're more likely to find such SOHO routers in markets where
a SOHO router owner might actually be able to use the feature.  But in most
parts of the US, IPv6 support in a SOHO router is right up there with GOSIP
compliance as far as actual usefulness goes...