nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blackberry List

From: "Mike Lyon" <mike.lyon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:48:16 -0800

If anyone is interested:

Blackberry Outage

A component of the network infrastructure is experiencing a service
interruption.

Service Affected: BlackBerry All service for some *The Americas
Network
(MULT) subscribers in the following locations: The Americas,

Impact: BlackBerry subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages.
Subscribers may also be unable to register their device, roam in
another location, or use other services such as Internet browsing.

BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to use the
BlackBerry Internet Service web site or perform activities such as
creating new accounts, accessing their Internet mailbox, integrating
third-party email accounts, or viewing email attachments.

Devices may not receive new service books. BlackBerry Connect and
BlackBerry-enabled devices that require a new PIN may be unable to
receive the PIN.

BlackBerry Enterprise Servers may be unable to connect to the
BlackBerry Infrastructure.

Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to use
BlackBerry administration web sites or perform activities such as
creating subscriber accounts or provisioning services for subscribers.
[0491]

Ticket Number: BB90352

Incident Window Start Date and Time: 11 February 2008 15:20:00 (EST)
Downtime Duration: Ongoing  % of Subscribers Affected: 50.00
(estimated)

Cause: To Be Determined

EST =   GMT - 5 hours
 EDT =   GMT - 4 hours