nanog mailing list archives

Re: Repotting report

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:11:01 -0500

In a message written on Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 10:05:40PM +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
Actually I get (almost?) always 10 As and 4 AAAAs from A and J running
"VGRS4", C, D, E and F running BIND 9.3.2-P1 - 9.4.2 and G and I
running unknown software. H, K and L run different versions of NSD and
give me the 13 As and two AAAAs, as do B running BIND 8.4.1-REL and M
running BIND 9.4.2 (?).

I'll go back to the part where I'm not a DNS expert. :)  I get 8
A's + 3 AAAA's in my attempts at a regular query.  Seems to be the
same across all servers that return AAAA's.  I'm using dig 9.5.0b2
for what it's worth.

With EDNS0 the packet size increases to 615 bytes and they all serve
up all glue records since about 30 minutes ago.

Actually, just to be sure I set my EDNS0 packet size to 1400.
However, I agree with your assessment, using EDNS0 I get 100% of
the answers from all 13 servers over IPv4, and from all 6 IPv6
capable servers over IPv6.

There are still a number of servers returning zero AAAA's when
queried with a regular query over both IPv4 and IPv6.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440