nanog mailing list archives

Re: Managing CE eBGP details & common/accepted CE-facing BGP practices

From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 09:16:15 +0530

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Justin Shore <justin () justinshore com> wrote:

I should have said it earlier when I mentioned config backups.  I'm already
a heavy user of RANCID, archiving my configs hourly.  Been using it since
right around v2.0-2.1 which would be several years ago (feels like a
lifetime).  So my config backups are more than taken care of. What I'm
interested in is if I should also document the PE-CE BGP config details
elsewhere or if I should just leave them in the PE and let my backups cover
me.

Sounds like a job for svn with a web based frontend to track configs.

--srs