nanog mailing list archives

VoIP E911 - was: Telecom Collapse?

From: Jeremy Jackson <jerj () coplanar net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 09:22:18 -0500

With one provider in Canada at least, the E911 address to phone number
registration is a large bureaucratic manual process, likely involving
fax machines.

Meanwhile, the ILEC presumably has an address in a database for the
loop...

So, I wonder about more direct access to PSAPs by CLEC, anywhere from
dark fibre to database API?