nanog mailing list archives

Re: Native v6 with Level(3)?

From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:32:33 -0400

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Jay Hennigan <jay () west net> wrote:
Christopher Morrow wrote:
www.nanog.org/mtg-0510/bamford.html )

maybe L3's support staff should check their internal documentation??
Slide 17 says: "Deployment completed Q3 2005"... so, they apparently
have it, can get it to you and do 6PE (or did 6PE a bit ago). Maybe
ask again and aim the nay-sayer to the nanog preso and ask them to
call stewart up directly?

We had the same issue when we inquired initially.  Apparently Level(1)
support at Level(3) has Level(0) clue as to their capabilities.

This is, sadly, not different from a bunch of ISP's (I think vzb is
still in a wierd state where getting their sales/install/support folks
to put v6 on your link is harder than it ought to be)

I responded to Kyle off-list as to the email address for getting to the
people with the answers.  Stewart is still on the team and they had us up
and running on IPv6 within a couple of days once I contacted the right
people.

hurray! :) what's the email address so other folks searching might be
able to find it? Looking at the ARIN contact info for: 2001:1900::/32
doesn't produce something that seems ipv6 specific (which is probably
good).

-chris