nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] [Nanog] Routing Policy Information

From: Joe Abley <jabley () ca afilias info>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:59:29 -0400

On 25 Apr 2008, at 06:34, Greg VILLAIN wrote:

On Apr 23, 2008, at 11:23 PM, Fouant, Stefan wrote:

Wondering if there is a good repository of information somewhere
which
outlines the various major ISPs routing policies such as default
local-pref treatment for customers vs. peers, handling of MED,
allowed
prefix-lengths from customers, etc. or would one have to contact each
ISP one was a customer of to ascertain this information.

I'm a bit late on that, but I'd tend to think this is commonly done on
their RIR aut-num object.

In the RIPE region it might be reasonable to use the word "commonly".
I think it's fair to say that elsewhere a more correct phrase might be
"almost never".

Joe