nanog mailing list archives

Re: fiber switch for gig

From: Jeff McAdams <jeffm () iglou com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:51:56 -0400

Tim Durack wrote:
I guess we've had good experience with ProCurve, so have stuck with them.
I also like the fact that it is the same code train for the 5400
chassis and 3500 fixed-format. Less work for me when it comes to the
test-upgrade cycle. We also make heavy use of sFlow monitoring
(although I believe Foundry supports this too.)

Anyway, it's another option.

As another Procurve user (also 3500's)...I'd point out that Procurve has
a lifetime warranty on their gear.

--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."