nanog mailing list archives

Re: enterprise change/configuration management and compliance software?

From: jamie <j () arpa com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:34:34 -0500

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Phil Regnauld <regnauld () catpipe net> wrote:

jamie (j) writes:
`
device, and by 'device' i mean router and/or switch) configuration
management (and (ideally) compliance-auditing_and_assurance) software.

  We currently use Voyence (now EMC) and are looking into other options
for
various reasons, support being in the top-3 ...

        So I guess using something tried, tested and free like Rancid +
ISC's audit
       scripts are not within scope ?

That was my first thought, but the in the industry I'm currently in
(financial), open sourceware for things like this is a definite [fail].

  So, I pose:  To you operators of multi-hundred-device networks : what
do
you use for such purposes(*) ?

        Rancid :) (+ and now some home developed stuff)

fail

  This topic seemed to spark lively debate on efnet,

        The current weather would spark lively debate on most IRC
channels.

       Phil

haha.  depends on the day and what other scandals were ao