nanog mailing list archives

RE: spam wanted :)

From: "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan () verneglobal com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:14:47 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On Behalf
Of Marshall Eubanks
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:39 AM
To: William Waites
Cc: Rich Kulawiec; North American Network Operators Group
Subject: Re: spam wanted :)

[ clip ]

I receive serious amounts of spam in Hebrew and Russian, and haven't
even been to either Israel or Russia recently.

Regards
Marshall

I started getting spam in Icelandic < 24 hours after my account was set
up. I get Russian, Chinese, and Hebrew spam all the time. The most spam
I receive is from an old domain that I turned off the MX records. Every
now and then I turn them back on to see what's flowing and it never
changes. Within seconds.

[obOp] I think that the language change defeats many of the heuristics
found in common spam appliances.

--
Martin Hannigan                          http://www.verneglobal.com/
Verne Global                             e: hannigan () verneglobal com