nanog mailing list archives

Re: Internet infrastructure - recovery planning

From: Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:03:25 -0400

I'm sure the day is not too far in the future where we will have to write a citation for ourselves for rebooting a router w/o having filled in a prior REQUEST TO REBOOT (RTR) form with the government.

Or worse, we'll need badges to handle such vital communications activities.

(and understanding why they are treating the Internet so differently than POTS is left to the reader)

Deepak

Jared Mauch wrote:

        Anyone else read this GAO report yet:?

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08212t.pdf

        As a service provider were you interviewed
by GAO?  Just curious.

        - Jared