nanog mailing list archives

Re: Creating demand for IPv6

From: "Stephen Sprunk" <stephen () sprunk org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:56:08 -0500

Thus spake "Seth Mattinen" <sethm () rollernet us>
Stephen Sprunk wrote:
If you feel ARIN has not solved the PIv6 issue sufficiently well,
please take that argument to PPML.  As of today, if you qualify
for PIv4 space, you qualify for PIv6 space automatically -- and
you only have to pay the fees for one of them.

Really? As far as I understood it, I still had to pay $500 for end-user allocations.

If you're an end user, you pay $100/yr for _all_ your resources. If you're an LIR, you pay either your v4 or v6 maintenance fees, whichever is greater.

I don't know the status of the v6 initial assignment fee; I think that the v6 initial allocation fee was waived at one point. If they're not waived now, that'd be a one-time cost of $1250.

The only $500/yr fee is to be a "General Member", which is how non-LIRs get to vote in ARIN elections. You don't need to be a member to get a v6 assignment.