nanog mailing list archives

Re: Postmaster Operator List?

From: Jim Popovitch <yahoo () jimpop com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:50:39 -0500

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 22:13 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
On Nov 16, 2007 10:04 PM, Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com> wrote:

If there was, I sure would not join it. It'd be full of "I cannot send
mail to your domain blah blah"

Been to a MAAWG meeting yet?  Or been on one such list?

There's a lot more interesting and useful / operationally relevant
stuff that goes on.

<rant>
From www.maawg.org:  "Your company must be a member of this organization
for you to gain access to the members area of this site"

Ok, so it's still a good-ole-boys club.  Interestingly enough, a lot of
the names on the "approved" companies are some of the ones that can't
very effectively control inbound/outbound spam from their net blocks.
How long has MAAWG been in existence?  Has email Abuse gotten better or
worse?  Perhaps if they weren't so exclusive....
</rant>