nanog mailing list archives

Re: Moving to IPv6 (Was: NANOG 40 agenda posted)

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:17:00 -0400

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 05:32:04PM +0100, Brandon Butterworth wrote:
Because for IPv6 to be useful to the masses, content is required.

Indeed. I'd hoped there would be time to finish the multicast project
first. I'll kick off getting BBC content up on v6

The really big problem is that
there is a case that when you do enable AAAA's on your service that
suddenly there is a possibility that some user can't reach your site
properly anymore as they don't have proper connectivity to your site
over IPv6.

I'll start with a stand alone site that users elect to visit while
testing

When it goes on the main site it'll probably be a peers only
service which they can opt into (as we use DNS LB we can return AAAA
only to participating ISPs) if they are ready to handle the user
support needed

        How does one opt-in to this?

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net