nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper M10i sufficient for BGP, or go with M20?

From: Donald Stahl <don () calis blacksun org>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

choice. Layout here is such that I'd expect to use a single quad gigabit port
ethernet blade in each of a pair of M10i/M20 to achieve redundancy.

he said 'blade' to which I read '4 pics in a FPC'... maybe it's a
terminology thing? Neal?
The M10i doesn't have an FPC blade per se (it's built into the chassis) so in the context of the M10i I assumed "single quad gigabit port ethernet blade" meant a single card- though I could definitely be wrong. My knowledge of the Juniper line is sadly pretty limited.

-Don