nanog mailing list archives

Re: TCP and WAN issue

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () multicasttech com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:33:54 -0400

You might want to look at this classic by Stanislav Shalunov

http://shlang.com/writing/tcp-perf.html

Marshall

On Mar 27, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Philip Lavine wrote:

To all,

I have an east coast and west coast data center connected with a DS3. I am running into issues with streaming data via TCP and was wondering besides hardware acceleration, is there any options at increasing throughput and maximizing the bandwidth? How can I overcome the TCP stack limitations inherent in Windows (registry tweaks seem to not functions too well)?

Philip

Need Mail bonding?