nanog mailing list archives

Re: Could it be possible to extend PPPoE Error code?

From: Joe Shen <joe_hznm () yahoo com sg>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:22:16 +0800 (CST)

client device. In my experience there are almost
no client devices that
actually display the "Reply-Message", but as
always YMMV.

It seems to me this would be something best reserved
for the radius
server, not the end-user to track.

To my opion, if customer's PC could show the exact
reason for dial-up error, CSR could deal with customer
complaint easily.

As most of customer use microsoft windowsxx, could it
be possible to display "replay-message" on it?
or if we develop a standalone PPPoE software, could it
be possible to display it?

Joe

Meet your soulmate!
Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic