nanog mailing list archives

Re: Route Reflector architecture and how to get small customer blocks in to BGP?

From: "Steve Meuse" <smeuse () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:57:55 -0500

On 1/28/07, Danny McPherson <danny () tcb net> wrote:

o If you're going to use redistribution - or not - ensure that all
external advertisement policies require explicit match of advertise
communities and default is to deny

I'll second that recommendation. I learned early in life that this can be a
mess otherwise. We employed that technique at BBN/Genu and it kept us from
leaking quite nicely. If a provisioning person forgot a customer inbound
route-map or something, we didn't accidentally hose ourselves.

--

-Steve