nanog mailing list archives

Re: Router and Infrastructure Hacking (CCC conference last week)

From: JP Velders <jpv () veldersjes net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:08:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:16:04 -0600 (CST)
From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Subject: Router and Infrastructure Hacking (CCC conference last week)

[ ... ]
4. I do wish the talk on how CCC set up their multiple-uplink GigE network
for the conference was filmed, I call this type of "create an ISP in 24
hours", in a very very hostile and busy environment such as at
defcon or CCC "extreme networking".

For another form of "extreme networking", you could check out what's
built every year for the SC Conference: https://scinet.supercomp.org/

Given the huge list of sponsors, equipment usually isn't the problem,
getting everything/one to play nice is another thing though ... ;)

Diagram (1.5MB): http://scinet.supercomp.org/2006/SCinet_2006_Public.pdf

Kind regards,
JP Velders
(disclaimer: bottom left hand corner of the banner ;D)