nanog mailing list archives

Re: IEEE 40GE & 100GE

From: "Robert E. Seastrom" <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:56:43 -0500

Chris,

Those were straw-man numbers.  The point is that eventually it all
becomes a commodity and mass-produced, and I'd like to see the stuff
that would be maximally useful to us be the commodity that benefits
most from the mass production.  Hence my preference for the 10km optics.

                                        ---rob

"Chris Cole" <chris.cole () finisar com> writes:

Owen,

You are an optimist. Initially, the pricing will be more then an order
of magnitude higher. :)

Chris