nanog mailing list archives

Re: "2M today, 10M with no change in technology"? An informal survey.

From: "Chris L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:06:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Jon Lewis wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Chris L. Morrow wrote:

I thought it was just a 6500 that sommeone got drunk and tipped over on
it's side, like a cow...

And tagged with some white paint.

Though if you've kept up with the latest IOS developments, cisco is
finally differentiating the platforms we've assumed for years were only
different in angle and paint.  6500's won't get to run the newest 7600
code.

Oh poor cow :( In all seriousness though, most routing platforms have
their costs and benefits. The 7600/6500 do some things nicely, apparently
large FIB's aren't their strength though (in most deployed configs
atleast).

-Chris