nanog mailing list archives

Re: SpamHaus Drop List

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com>
Date: 24 Aug 2007 02:29:43 +0000

derek () simplehost co nz (Derek) writes:

Does anyone use spamhaus drop list ?
http://www.spamhaus.org/drop/index.lasso

My experience is not specific to the DROP list but regarding the RBL/Zen
service I have found the 'moderators' of the lists can abuse their power
and unable to provide any proof to their entries.

having once upon a time maintained such a list, and having been accused by
a lot of people, sometimes in court papers, of abusing my "powers", i agree
that proof ought to be available.  spamhaus does a fine job at this, from my
experience thus far.  the thing i like about SH-DROP is that it includes all
of the russian business network, and it's very short, and changes very slowly.

I think it works well, I don't operate a large scale mail service and
have not had too many complaints.  But when your on the wrong side of the
fence it is very annoying, if one of the moderators has a beef with your
provider - look out!

agree.
--
Paul Vixie