nanog mailing list archives

RE: Network Inventory Tool

From: "James Fogg" <James () jdfogg com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:33:24 -0400

      From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On
Behalf Of Wguisa71
      Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 11:31 PM
      To: NANOG
      Subject: Network Inventory Tool

      Guys,

      Does anyone known some tool for network documentation with:

      - inventory (cards, serial numbers, manufactor...)
      - documentation (configurations, software version control, etc)
      - topology building (L2, L3.. connections, layer control, ...)

      All-in-one solution and It don't need to be free. I'm just
looking
      for some thing to control the equipments we have like routers
      from some sort of suppliers, etc...

      Marcio

Opsware Network Automation System does an excellent job. Not free. It
also handles configuration management, software management, compliance,
configuration policy management and other needs.