nanog mailing list archives

Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

From: "Tim Franklin" <tim () pelican org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:57:17 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, August 14, 2007 1:48 am, Douglas Otis wrote:

For domains to play any role in securing email, a published MX record
should become a necessary acceptance requirement.  Using MX records
also consolidates policy locales which mitigates some DDoS concerns.

What if there's no intention to use the domain for email?

I've become annoyed enough in the other direction, owning domains *only*
used for email and dealing with irate people insisting I'm
domain-squatting and must sell them the domain cheaply right now because
there's no A record for www.what.ever.

Functioning, correct and coherent DNS prior to registration, now that I
support whole-heartedly.

Regards,
Tim.