nanog mailing list archives

Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:27:23 -0700

On Aug 13, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Chris L. Morrow wrote:

why don't the equivalent 'domain tasters' on the phone side exploit the ability to sign
up 1-8XX numbers like mad and send the calls to their ad-music call
centers?

1.      Maybe they do.

        ;>

2. People tend to be much more careful about punching numbers into a telephone than typing words on a keyboard, I think. There's also not a conceptual conflation of common typo mistakes with common telephone number transpositions, I don't think (i.e., I'm unsure there's any such thing as a common number transposition, while there certainly is with linguistic constructs such as letters).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com> // 408.527.6376 voice

        Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

           -- Ford Motor Company