nanog mailing list archives

Re: Number of BGP routes a large ISP sees in total

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:58:38 -0700

On Apr 17, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Yi Wang wrote:

I couldn't find information about the number of different routes for the same prefix
a (large) AS typically receives/learns.  Hints?

I'd suggest taking a look at the RIBs from routeviews.org or RIPE and performing an analysis on same. Some SPs also offer public routeservers.

A few minutes with a search engine should prove fruitful in this regard.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com> // 408.527.6376 voice

        Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                      -- Duong Van Ngo