nanog mailing list archives

Re: (very few) AAAA websites

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:09:01 -0400

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:56:02PM +0200, Niels Bakker wrote:

* cfriacas () fccn pt (Carlos Friacas) [Tue 17 Apr 2007, 10:38 CEST]:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
Not "major content sites", but these are some web sites with AAAA records
that people may be visiting for other reasons than just IPv6 tourism:
[..]
www.ams-ix.net
internet exchanges. those which see IPv6 as an "easy thing" :-)

Why would they see that any differently than any ISP?  The issues they
run into are exactly the same as those on other networks.  IOS version
dances, DNS has to be updated, the occasional timeouts when e.g. a
wireless access point stops forwarding IPv6 ethertype frames, &c.

        There are some of us that have had enough v6 kool-aid that
we've put our website on v6.. eg: www.us.ntt.net (as2914)

        Without adoption, some of these issues won't get
resolved, like broken consumer electronics devices, etc..

        I wonder what my Wii does with those v6 frames on the
wireless network.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net