nanog mailing list archives

Re: Outages mailing list

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:04:06 -1000

----- Original Message Follows -----
From: virendra rode // <virendra.rode () gmail com>
Scott Weeks wrote:
----- Original Message Follows -----
From: virendra rode // <virendra.rode () gmail com>

Ideally (if I have better luck) I would like to get
providers to direct outage notices to this list. All
that

That's not going to happen.  Providers don't want that
stuff public.  Makes 'em look bad...

I'm sure they love FCC for that :-)

It depends on what type of providers you're talking about.
Even with ILECs, there're regulated (FCC reportable) and
unregulated (not required to report to the FCC) services.
You'll never get providers to say to your list, "Yep, we had
problems.  Here's the list of them."  It'll never happen.

..you may I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one :-)

Maybe if I had a beer I'd be a dreamer and that'd make
sense...
scott