nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

From: Matt Ghali <matt () snark net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 00:49:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Chris Adams wrote:

Heh.  We had an IP (of a customer's mail server) that GoDaddy blocked.
They told us it had been blocked for something like 8 months (at which
time it had not been assigned to any customer); we had zero complaints
on record for that IP.  They couldn't tell us why it was blocked or how
to get the block removed.  When we asked to speak with a supervisor,
they told us that their supervisors didn't have phones.

I must be dumb, but how does a registrar 'block an ip' in a manner that affects anyone but themselves?

  Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
                                                - Marshall McLuhan