nanog mailing list archives

Re: Contact for THEPLANET.COM

From: Matthew Black <black () csulb edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:41:02 -0700

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:42:40 +0530
 "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com> wrote:

They've been bought by ev1.net a few months back.  And ev1.net has a
quite usable rwhois server (and their abuse desk does work, as it
happens)

srs

On 10/20/06, Matthew Black <black () csulb edu> wrote:

Does anyone have a contact for THEPLANET.COM beyond
their WHOIS listing? We are receiving 20,000 spam per
day from one of their customers and they aren't very
responsive. I'd rather get beyond first-line support
before blocking a large swath 67.18.0.0/15.

Thanks to all who contacted me off-list. I know some
of this is usually discussed on the botnets forum.
Getting rid of spammers is a cooperative effort and
often the hosting ISPs (NANOG members) are also victims.

matthew black
california state university, long beach